The primary mission of the Division of Research Resources is to assist the UM community in developing nationally prominent programs of research and scholarly activities, and to bring recognition and reward for outstanding accomplishments in these areas.
- Internal Grants Programs and Financial Support for Research
- Hanlde other requests from researchers, chairs, and deans for additional needs, such as publication subventions, hosting workshops, conferences, and symposia, campus visits of potential collaborators and agency representatives, start-up expenses for new faculty, and other major equipment or facilities costs.
- Research Development
- Provide support for faculty and staff in pursuing research projects for external funding by federal, state, corporate, or private agencies and organizations.
- Resources Database
- Manage the UM Research Resources Database (R2D1)
- Institutional Submissions
- Coordinate internal selection for limited submission funding programs and nominations for awards of distinction.
Information Resources for Researchers
- Collect, create, and disseminate information resources for developing proposals and collaborations.
- Facilitate and develop workshops, presentations, and forums with broad interdisciplinary appeal to UM rearchers