The Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (ORSP) at The University of Mississippi serves faculty and staff who are pursuing research or other sponsored projects funded by federal, state, or private agencies and organizations.
What does “Research and Sponsored Programs” include?
- All research, scholarship, and creative activity regardless of discipline
- Any funds applied for and awarded from outside the University as a grant or contract
What does the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs do?
- Serves every faculty member in every academic discipline and research area
- Supports your research, scholarship, and creative activity in a variety of ways
- Helps you get support from outside sponsors, makes sure projects are conducted legally and responsibly, and ensures that results are shared for the good of society
The Office of Research and Sponsored Programs creates and maintains the optimum environment for the University community to achieve excellence in research, scholarship, and the dissemination of knowledge.
We do so by working to:
- enhance capacity to pursue research and scholarship, and disseminate knowledge for the benefit of society;
- ensure ethical and responsible conduct of research and good stewardship of resources;
- represent the research and scholarly goals, priorities, interests and concerns of the University community.