New animal research personnel (and new Principal Investigators) who will be working in an animal laboratory must meet the following requirements:
1. Complete species-specific training online;
2. Complete Laboratory Animal Allergy course online;
3. Read Asthma and Allergy materials;
4. Complete Health and Safety training (biological, pathogen, chemical, radition, etc. as needed);
5. Submit health forms;
6. Obtain tetanus vaccine (recommended);
7. Obtain surgery proficiency certification (if applicable).
New PIs should also complete Working with the IACUC training course online.
For more information about this training, please email email@example.com and ask for training material instructions. IACUC Approval MUST be received BEFORE personnel work in any animal area.