SEES Fellows will partner across disciplines on sustainability challenges reflecting the fellows’ own research interests. The fellows will pursue discoveries that inform environmental, energy, and societal sustainability, while developing the professional skills to become part of a workforce that can address these challenges.
Key Dates: Nov 28, Dec 5
Nov. 28, 2011 Notify firstname.lastname@example.org of intention to apply (courtesy)
Dec. 5, 2011 Proposal due to NSF
~June 5, 2012 NSF target date for notification of funding decision
~June 30, 2012 Applicant must accept or decline within 30 days of award notice
Funding: $88K/year (~$68K salary + benefits) for 3 years, + $20K/year research expenses
Cost Sharing: Prohibited
Limitations: UM/ORSP may submit multiple proposals, each for a distinct fellow.
Eligibility: Fellows must be US citizens, nationals, or permanent residents by 12/5/11, who will have earned doctorate no later than summer 2012 and no earlier than 12/5/07.
Special Conditions: Awards will be made to UM on behalf of the Fellow. If Fellow chooses to affiliate with another organization during the grant, UM must allow award to transfer with the fellow.
- Full Solicitation Web page
- Sees Web page
- Research Collaboration Networks
- Questions on process: email@example.com or content: firstname.lastname@example.org
NSF Review Criteria:
- Intellectual Merit
- Broader Impacts
- Interdisciplinary Integration
- Advance the Foundations of Sustainability
- Advance Development of Workforce for Sustainability
- Research Host and Research Partner:
- Expand applicant’s expertise beyond core discipline
- Broaden research impact/scope
- Quality of international collaboration (if proposed)
- Professional Development
- Integration of Education and Research
- Integrating Diversity