The NAS Gulf Research Program welcomes proposals from non-federal government organizations on behalf of all qualified scientists, engineers, health professionals and educators. The applying organization/applicant will be the University of Mississippi (Oxford). The scientists, engineers, health professionals, and educators who will lead the proposed project will be referred to as project directors hereafter.
- This funding opportunity is for new activities only. The applicant must not have received any other support for this project, and the project must not be currently under consideration for funding by another funder.
- Project directors initiate proposals that are officially submitted by their employing organizations (the applicant/University of Mississippi). When initiating a proposal, the project director typically is responsible for ensuring the proposal meets all the requirements outlined by the Gulf Research Program as well as any requirements set by the University of Mississippi.
- The University of Mississippi (Oxford) may submit multiple applications on behalf of different project directors, but it may submit only one application for each project director. Individuals may be involved as a project director and key personnel, or as key personnel, in up to three proposals; in each proposal, a clear description should be included to explain how the proposed project is not duplicative of other proposed efforts or how the participant will budget his or her time.
- Please be sure to notify ORSP of ANY proposals that you are being listed on, in any capacity, including proposals submitted by other institutions, so that we can make sure no one exceeds the three proposal limit.
- Please let your ORSP Program Development Specialist know as soon as you decide that you will, or might, lead the development of a proposal.