The Mississippi Water Resources Research Institute (WRRI) invites proposals for water research from faculty and staff at any Mississippi research university. Key areas for this year’s priority research have been identified below. Three proposals will be funded as part of this RFP. Non-tenured faculty are strongly encouraged to submit proposals. The MWRRI strongly encourages applicants to collaborate with local, state, and federal agencies.
Research Priority Areas
- Water Quality
- particularly of surface waters, including methods of measurement, protection, and remediation.
- Surface and Groundwater Management
- specifically interrelationships and optimizing water use.
- Water Quality Management and Water Resources Development
- applying present methods of water quality and quantity management to full watershed scale.
- Contaminant Transport Mechanisms
- predicting rates of movement, final location, and concentrations at intermediate site systems, socioeconomic factors, and laws.
- Wetlands and Ecosystems
- their ecology, methods of construction, protection, and laws and specifically linking water-related parameters to the relationships and optimizing water use.
- Groundwater Contamination
- including prevention, monitoring, and remediation.
- September 1, 2011
- Notice of Intent due in the MWRRI office.
- September 30, 2011
- Proposals due in the MWRRI Office
Please see the full Request for Proposals for Details