Program: The OAK Ridge Associated Universities (ORAU) University Partnerships Office is pleased to provide the information below regarding an opportunity only available to ORAU sponsoring and associate universities and branch campuses.
The ORAU Events Sponsorship Program provides up to $4,000 to support events that involve participants from more than one ORAU institution. Two calls for proposals will be issued each year. Typical events might include visits to an ORAU institution by a renowned speaker, conferences or workshops with a focused theme, or a technology transfer/business plan competition.
Criteria for decisions to award Event Sponsorship grants include:
- Potential engagement of others, especially students
- Probability of a long-term collaboration
- New or enhanced collaboration (proposed partners have no strong current ties)
- Well-defined outcome(s), such as a proposal to an identified opportunity, a white paper in anticipation of future funding, or a publication as a result of data collected during the event.
Deadlines: Please note that funding must be awarded prior to the event, and we conduct two Calls for Proposals. The application schedule is based on ORAU’s fiscal year (Oct. 1 - Sept. 30).
- If the event will take place between Oct. 1 & May 31 of the following year, applications are due by Sept. 1.
- If the event will take place between April 1 & Sept. 30, applications are due by March 1.
For more information, go to: http://www.orau.org/university-partnerships/faculty-student-programs/default.aspx