Protocol Review Schedule and Guidelines
Below are the Wednesday noon monthly meeting dates and protocol due dates for the Institutional Review Board for Spring 2018.
|Meeting Date||Protocol Due Date|
|February 7||January 24|
|March 7||February 21|
|April 4||March 21|
|May 2||April 18|
|June 6||May 23|
|July 11||June 27|
|August 1||July 18|
|September 5||August 22|
|October 3||September 19|
|November 7||October 24|
|December 5||November 21|
- Fewer than 5% of protocols require Full Board Review. Contact the Division of Research Integrity and Compliance (x7482, or irb ( at ) olemiss ( dot ) edu) to determine if your study might require Full Board Review.
- Protocols for Full Board Review must be submitted 2 weeks in advance of meetings (see schedule above). Deadlines will be strictly observed. Other protocols may be submitted at any time.
- IRB staff conduct a preliminary review and invariably request some protocol modifications. Modifications must be completed by the Thursday that precedes the Board meeting.
- To facilitate reviews, investigators are invited to Board meetings to directly address concerns.
- To understand the IRB review process, see the IRB Flow Charts.
- For guidance on preparing protocols, see our Protocol Tips page.