Protocol Review Schedule and Guidelines
Below are the Wednesday noon monthly meeting dates and protocol due dates for the Institutional Review Board for Spring 2018.
|Meeting Date||Protocol Due Date|
|February 6||January 23|
|March 6||February 20|
|April 3||March 20|
|May 8||April 24|
|June 5||May 22|
|July 3||June 19|
|August 7||July 24|
|September 5||August 21|
|October 9||September 25|
|November 6||October 23|
|December 4||November 20|
- Fewer than 5% of protocols require Full Board Review. Contact the Division of Research Integrity and Compliance (x7482, or irb ( at ) olemiss ( dot ) edu) to determine if your study might require Full Board Review.
- Protocols for Full Board Review must be submitted 2 weeks in advance of meetings (see schedule above). Deadlines will be strictly observed. Other protocols may be submitted at any time.
- IRB staff conduct a preliminary review and invariably request some protocol modifications. Modifications must be completed by the Thursday that precedes the Board meeting.
- To facilitate reviews, investigators are invited to Board meetings to directly address concerns.
- To understand the IRB review process, see the IRB Flow Charts.
- For guidance on preparing protocols, see our Protocol Tips page.