The L’Oreal USA For Women in Science fellowship program annually recognizes and rewards five U.S.-based women researchers for their outstanding contributions in science, technology, engineering and math fields. Recipients receive up to $60,000 each for their postdoctoral research.
- Received PhD on or before July 1, 2015 (PhD, DPH, ScD are eligible)
- Be a current full-time post-doc, or beginning full-time post-doctoral position by July 1, 2015
- Be a woman
- US citizen (born or naturalized) or permanent resident (green card holder)
- Working in one of the following disciplines:
- Life, physical/materials sciences
- Computer Sciences
- Post-doc research must be conducted at a US-based academic or research institution and research must be conducted in the US.
- Must commit to at least 20 hours of activity in support of women and girls in science
- Application: https://lorealfwis.aaas.org/login/indexA.cfm
- Official undergraduate & graduate transcripts & 3 letters of recommendation must be mailed by 3/20/15 to L'Oréal USA For Women In Science - C/O AAAS, Attn: Yolanda George/Education and Human Resources, 6th Floor, 1200 New York Avenue, NW – Washington, D.C. 20005.
- One letter of recommendation must come from post-doctoral advisor and one letter should be from a former mentor or advisor.
- Research Proposal—3 page limit including research plan and references
- Candidate’s Statement (1 page limit)
- Community Service Statement (1 page limit)
- Mentoring Essay (experience and or plans for activities supporting girls or women in science)
- Budget (form found in application) and Budget Justification
- For attachments (Research Proposal, Candidate’s Statement, Mentoring Essay, and Budget Justification) allowable fonts include Arial, Courier New, Palatino Linotype (10 point or larger) or Times New Roman (11 point or larger) and 1-inch margins.
- Budget supports research project; may include tuition, fees, meeting/conference attendance, lab supplies, publication costs, computer/tech support, equipment & instruments. Indirect costs not allowed. Justification needed for requests to cover salaries (post-doc, student, technician).
- Awards are made to the institution, so you must work with the research and grants office at the institution with which the postdoctoral fellowship is affiliated. If UM, then work early with the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs, who must approve and submit your application.
- Frequently Asked Questions available at https://lorealfwis.aaas.org/FellowshipFAQ.pdf.
- Application due to AAAS March 20, 2015.
- All materials for UM applicants are due to UM ORSP by Friday, March 13, 2015.
- Awards will be announced September 2015.